Hello Beauty Lovers!
Last week I went to an event at Carnaby Street, London where they had a big discount at a large range of stores and against all the odds MAC was one of them!
As there was such a good discount I decided to go a little crazy and buy loads of things that were on my MAC wishlist and of course I couldn’t wait to share them with you. It was CRAZY busy and took forever to queue so the whole experience was a little stressful. I’m definitely glad I brought my wish list with me because it really wasn’t the environment to browse and decide what you wanted. Any how, i’m really please with what I picked up:
- MAC Fix+ – This is a soothing moisture mist which can be used before or after makeup application as well as during the day. I bought this because I wanted something to refresh my face which isn’t easy if you’re wearing a full face of makeup. Unlike what many people think, this isn’t a setting spray, it is purely to hydrate the skin. You can pick up the biggest size (100ml) for £13.50 full price.
- Lipstick: Creme D’Nude – I’ve heard people call this shade the ‘perfect’ nude and as my collection pretty much consists of all pink and red shades I thought it was about time I added this . When I swatched it I was a little wary as it is very nude and i’m not sure if it will just wash me out *fingers crossed* it doesn’t. The finish of this lipstick is a Cremesheen so it is super moistursing. Full price of this lipstick is £14.00.
- Lipstick: Hue – This is another nude lipstick but a little darker than Creme D’Nude and more pink toned. I’ve thought about getting this lipstick for quite some time and it looks like a nice shade to wear every day. The finish of this lipstick is a Glaze and it is available at full price for £14.00.
- Eyeshadow: Club – This is a really interesting shade because it’s a duochrome. This means it looks a different shade as it catches the light at different angles and also when teamed with other shadows. This shade can look brown, green and red and I can’t wait to give it a try. Full price is £10.
- Eyeshadow: Phloof – This is a gorgeous pink toned highlighter which I will use in my inner corner/tear duct area and brow brown. Full price is £10.
- Eyeshadow: Cranberry – Cranberry is a shade I have been umming and ahhing about getting for a while because it looks so pretty in the pan but I worry it may make my eyes look ‘sore’ because it is a deep pink with purple tones. I decided to get it in the end because it can be teamed with a lot of other shadow’s I own and i’ve also seen some beautiful makeup looks with it. Full price is £10.
- Eyeshadow: Sumptuous Olive – This is a shimmery gold khaki green shade. I’m not normally a fan of green but this has got a lot of gold flecks and i’ve seen some lovely makeup looks using this colour. I want to combine this this Club and also try it as a simple lid colour on its own. Full price is £10.
- Eyeshadow: Handwritten – This is a simple dark brown, matte shade which I have been advised is very blendable (unlike some of the other matte brown’s in my MAC collection). This is a shade I will use in my outter corner and crease and maybe all over my lid depending on how dark it turns out. Full price is £10.
- Eyeshadow: Knight Divine – This is a charcoal grey shade which will be great to use in the outer corner and crease. This eyeshadow looks like a great alternative to the usual black or browns I use. Full price is £10.
- Vanilla Pigment – I have heard nothing but good things about the Vanilla Pigment so was very pleased this was in stock. I will mostly use this product in my inner corner/tear duct area as it really helps to highlight the eye and make it look bigger. It also looks great all over the lid and on top of other shadows. You can use this pigment as a face highlighter too but I doubt I will do this.. I love Soft and Gentle too much! Pigment is £16.50 full price.
- Blusher: Tenderling – This blusher is a great natural shade which can easily be worn for an every day look. It is pink, peach toned and is actually my first ever blusher from MAC… shocking I know! This is priced at £14.50.
- Palette Inserts – I bought two palette inserts, one for a 15 pan eyeshadow palette and the other for 6 blushers. Unfortunately, MAC didn’t actually have any palette cases in stock so i’m going to have to order a couple online which isn’t ideal as I now don’t have a home for most of the new eyeshadow’s I have bought! The palette inserts are £6.50 each full price.
I am hoping to also film a video about this haul so i’m currently resisting the urge to open up the eyeshadow’s and pop them in my palette inserts.. i’m struggling! The life of a blogger, eh?
Have you tried any of these MAC products? If so, what were your thoughts? What is on you MAC wish list?
If you like my blog please nominate my blog for the Best New Beauty Blog. It would really make my year! Click HERE!