I was surfing the Smashbox website and noticed they were offering a Try Me Kit of their best selling products and I just couldn’t resist!
This kit contains sample sizes of products which are usually priced at £3.50 each. I think this is a brilliant way of introducing products to people as it gives you a chance to try the products (most of which are pretty pricey!) before committing. It has allowed me to try Smashbox products I didn’t really even consider before.
The products that come in the kit are below. I haven’t used all of them in depth yet so I am just going to tell you my first impressions in this post. I will do full reviews on each product over the next few weeks when I have given them a good try.
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer (clear) – I’m expecting good things from this product as there is a lot of hype around this primer and some even claim it is the best on the market.
- Photo Finish Lid Primer (warm beige) – This isn’t a product I would have normally bought because I love my Urban Decay priming potion but now I have it I am looking forward to trying it to see how it compares.
- Full Exposure Mascara (Black) – I haven’t tried this yet but I have had a sneak peak at the brush and so far i’m liking what I see! The brush is big, I like the shape and it isn’t plastic.. so far it ticks all the boxes but the proof is in the application.
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume (iridescent pale nude) – For some reason I was expecting this to be a plain gloss rather than glitter so I was surprised when I saw it was shimmery. It looks like a pretty, every day shade but i’m yet to try it.
- Limitless Eye Liner (Onyx – Black) – Again, I haven’t tried this yet but it looks like a gorgeous, pigmented, creamy eye pencil. I can’t wait to see what it’s like!
I ordered my Try Me Kit from the Smashbox website and when it arrived I was surprised at how well it had been packaged. Not only did they come in a black box which matches the Smashbox brand perfectly, but also wrapped in tissue paper.. I was very impressed! By ordering directly from the Smashbox website I was also lucky enough to be offered a free sample of my choice – I went for the BB cream.