Today’s post contains 10 beauty, skincare and hair care tips. This is going to be a series with an accumulation of 10 tips per post until I reach the ultimate tips post in August which will hopefully contain input from all you lovely beauty bloggers/readers too. To be involved please scroll down to the bottom of the post for more details.
- Makeup remover wipes – This is a very popular way to remove your makeup but it doesn’t remove all of it well. Therefore, it is best to always use a cleanser or balm in addition or instead of (I use it in addition) and toner too. This way you can make sure you skin is completely clean and make up free. This will help prevent spots and blemishes.
- Self tanning – When applying self tan you should always exfoliate and moisturise 24 hours before and immediately before you apply your self tan add moisturiser to your problem areas, such as knees, ankles and elbows.
- Applying Mascara – When applying mascara never pump the brush because it pushes air into the tube which will dry out the product. Instead, twist the brush around to mix up the product.
- Soft, Shiny, Healthy Hair – To make your hair look smoother, healthier, softer, shinier and grow quicker, regularly use a hair oil. I noticed the difference from the first application and haven’t looked back. My favourite is Moroccan Oil.
- Cleaning Brushes – Regularly clean all of your makeup brushes as product build up can cause spots and blemishes. You makeup will also apply better when using a clean brush.
- Cleaning Brushes – Brush cleaner can be expensive and a really great alternative is to use baby shampoo. It is cheap and smells nice but it does take longer for your brushes to dry.
- Skincare – It is always tempting to change your skin routine and add in different products but your skin is sensitive and it can take up to a month to adjust to a new product. Therefore, you need to be patient to see if things work and introduce things slowly, one at a time to help prevent break outs.
- Eye Cream – In order to reduce puffy eyes keep your eye cream in the fridge before application. Also, always make sure you gently tap your eye cream when applying it rather than dragging it as you don’t want to pull the fragile skin under your eyes.
- Blend, Blend, Blend – The key to good makeup application is to blend, whether it be your foundation, eye makeup or blusher. You want everything to look natural and this is the perfect way to achieve this.
- Less is more – Always remember that it is easy to add more product but much harder to take it away. It’s easy to go overboard but check your makeup in different lights if you can and build it up slowly so you don’t end up with heavier makeup than you intended. A key thing to be wary of is the different pigmentation of products such as blushers.. sometimes you can get a nasty surprise if you forget!
Here’s where I need YOU.. the ULTIMATE beauty/skincare/haircare tips
I want to go one step further with this beauty tips series and do a supplementary post to this one containing as many tips as possible. In order to do this I would like the co-operation of my fellow beauty bloggers and readers to get as many tips as possible and spread the word. I love hearing people’s ideas and I think it will be really nice to work together.
I will choose the beauty tips I find are most helpful (the number depends on how many entries I get but there will be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50) and share them in the blog post along with your name and blog as credit to you. The tips can be for haircare, skincare, beauty or nails.
In order to be included in this post can you please email me your tips (as many as you like) to email@example.com with your name and blog address. Entries close on the 1st August and can you please include ‘Beauty tips’ in the subject and it make clear in your email which section your tip is for e.g hair care.
What do you think of these tips? Are you going to join in with the ultimate beauty tips blog post?
| Twitter || Instagram || Blog Lovin’ || You Tube |
Great tips, I'll try to think of one and come back to you xx
This is very helpful! I have to be honest, I'm very guilty of a lot of these! OOPS!
Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog
Great tips Kimberley! I agree with everything here. In addition to using hair oil, I find that applying it to wet or damp hair helps it stay moisturized longer, dry softer and reduce the possibility for making the hair look too oily. 🙂
Great tips! All very useful!
Carol | Bitten Glam
nice post http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/
I want to share two tips healthy diet and constantly drinking water both are very important tips for face beauty because healthy diet will show on your face and constantly water drinking will help you to make your skin fresh and attractive.
Female Hair Loss
haha we are all sinners lol Guilty here 🙂 Great idea xx
Great tips! I like your blog a lot and this tips are very usefull 🙂