Today’s post is a tutorial on how to create a wrap around bun. I will probably do a video tutorial for this too, if you want it?
This is the perfect summer hair style as it keeps you cool, is neat and tidy and quick and relatively easy to do. It stays in place all day so you don’t need to worry about having to touch it up and is suitable for both day and evening wear. You can add extra accessories to this look too/
Here’s what you need:
1) A bun ring
2) Bobby pins
3) Hair brush
5) 1 thin hair band
Here’s what to do:
1. Brush your hair up into a pony tail and tie it in place using your thin hair band. Make sure you remove all lumps and bumps as you will not be able to do this later.
2. Put your bun ring over the pony tail so it is sitting at the base i.e. on top of the hair band
3. Hold onto your pony tail at the base (above the bun ring) and gently pull it so it is wider.
4. Start wrapping your pony tail around the bun ring holding it in place with one hand and wrapping with the other. Occasionally pull the hair which is on the inside of the bun ring tighter to get a neater finish that covers the entire bun ring.
5. Continue wrapping your hair around the bun until you reach the end. Once you have, tuck the tips of your hair under the bun ring.
6. At this point you have a perfectly formed bun that looks like it will stay in place but looks can be deceiving. You now need to insert bobby pins around the base of your hair to make sure you bun will stay in place all day. I use maybe around ten but use as many as you require… there is not limit.
7. Finally spray your bun with hairspray to help stop any flyway’s and get everything in place. If you want the hair on the head to also be smooth, spray a little hairspray onto your hands and smooth them over your head. This will keep flyway’s at bay whilst still maintaining a soft finish to the hair.
Note: To go for more of a messy version of this style here are some tips:
1) User your finger tips to pull your hair up into the pony tail instead of a brush
2) Tie your pony tail as loosely as possible
3) Don’t be quite as tidy when wrapping your hair around your bun.
What do you think of this look?