As I’ve mentioned in a couple of posts already, I went to Portugal last week for a few days. It was a work trip so I was only able to take hand luggage so I was extra picky with the beauty products I took with me. I couldn’t have too many liquids and also I didn’t want to bring loads of different products as I didn’t fancy making my handbag even heavier than it was already.
So here are the products I decided to bring with me:
- Primer – Luckily when I placed my last order with Smash Box I received a sample size of the Photo Finish primer. This was perfect!
- Foundation – I’m still loving my Vitalumiere Aqua foundation so this was a must to take with me. I haven’t actually used a different foundation for ages.
- Powder – My MSFN was a must as I was expecting hot weather and thought I may get extra shiny.
- Blusher – I brought one blusher with me and the one I opted for was by MUA. Initially I chose it because I didn’t want one of my high end blushers to crack and as the MUA ones are so cheap I knew I could easily replace it. The blusher is a beautiful, natural shade too which I love.
- Eye shadow – I was afraid my powder shadows would get broken with all the travelling so instead of bringing one of my eye shadow palettes I decided to bring one cream eye shadow instead. I chose the Maybelline Color Tattoo in ‘On and On Bronze’ which looks great for both a day time and evening look.
- Mascara – Instead of bringing a large mascara I brought the Smash Box Full Exposure miniature I got from my Try Me Kit. It was perfect as it was so compact.
- Lipstick – I brought two products with me. Firstly, Chatterbox lipstick by MAC, secondly a Clinque Chubby stick.
- Eyebrows – I brought my MAC eye brow gel and MUA powder to fill in my brows, however, I didn’t actually bother doing this in the end!
Products I didn’t bring:
- Primer – As I had a cream eye shadow which has amazing staying power on it’s own it wasn’t necessary for me to bring my well loved Urban Decay Primer Potion.
- Highlighter – The only highlighter I own in Soft and Gentle by MAC. It is pretty big and I was worried the product may get damaged so I decided it was best to leave it at home.
- Eye liner – As I was away with work I knew I was going to wear minimal makeup. I don’t often wear eye liner to work so I didn’t feel the need to bring it with me.
- Lip liner – I don’t always lip liner and I didn’t really need one with the lip products I was using so this definitely wasn’t a product I needed. It also meant I didn’t need to bring a sharpener, bonus!
- Setting Spray – My Urban Decay setting spray was too big to bring with me as I was only allowed up to 100ml per item. I really didn’t want to leave this behind as it makes my makeup last longer but unfortunately I didn’t have a choice.
What do you think of my product choices?