Today I have both a review and tutorial post for you so it is very picture heavy but I hope you enjoy it! One of the latest fashion trends is to add ‘bling’ to items whether it be phones, bags or shoes. Today I will be looking at an affordable and fun way to do this at home using Stickcons.
My first impression of Stickcons was how pretty the stones look and how gorgeous the colours are. I have silver, red and blue stones which are all stunning and showed off to the full by the simple, bright packaging. Other colours are also available on the Stickcons website which has a gallery showing the different colours available (including multi-coloured, black, red, blue, silver, yellow, green and lilac). At first glance it isn’t obvious that these stones are in fact strips (it says it on the packaging but I was so busy admiring the stones I missed it) which means the process of adding them is stress free. Here is a little more information about Stickcons before the tutorial:
Stickcons™ strips are DIY self adhesive sticker strips that transform & bling up the rubber parts of Converse sneakers.
Stickcons™ kits have a secret glue formula which makes them durable, flexible and removable on rubber.
Stickcons™ are designed to fit any size, just stick them on and just pull to snap off any excess –meaning no need for a scissors.
Stickcons™ are available in 10 colours to match your mood or your outfit.
Stickcons™ are the affordable alternative to the ever popular trend of customised sneakers
Tutorial: The steps:
- Gently pull the strips of diamante off the cardboard backing, starting with the largest semi circle.
- Push each gem down and move the flexible strip into position as you go, this way all your stones are lined up correctly. It’s good if you can find a guide on your shoe for example the bottom of a line.
- Once you have finished a line, gently pull the end of the strip, whilst holding the gems that are already stuck down and they will tear off leaving you with a perfect finish to you line.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 but this time use the next semi circle for the toe section of your shoe, followed by the three straight strips.
- Once the toe area on your shoes is complete you need to start on the sides. It doesn’t matter what order you do this in but I found it easiest to start with the middle section, followed by the top and lastly the bottom. You stick these stones on in exactly the same way.
- Finally, push down on all the stones one last time to make sure they are all securely in place.
Before you know it, your boring, average shoes have been jazzed up into a unique pair of footwear. I really can’t stress enough how much fun I had creating this look and how easy it is. It doesn’t take long to do and is the perfect creative task for both adults and children alike! If you wanted to you could even cut the strips to separate the individual stones to create a different look or use these gems on other things. I haven’t found the staying power of the stones an issue (I’ve only worn them out twice so far) but if you are concerned, you could add a little glue to the back of the strips to improve their staying power even more.
Using Stickcons stones are a really great affordable alternative to the expensive ‘instonisation’ trend and are available in the retail store Schuh for €11.
I am thinking about filming a video tutorial using Stickcons. Please let me know if it is something you would like to see 🙂
What do you think of Stickcons? Will you try them?
*Stickcons kindly sent me this product to review
Check out my August advertiser Lovely Jubbly Blog
To advertise with Kimberley’s Beauty Blog find out more info here.