I’ve seen the childhood memories tag doing the rounds and really liked the sound of it so thought I would blog about it. I also thought it was a nice way for you to get to know me a little better.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the UK.
2. Were you a good child?
Yep, I was very well behaved and slept through the night from a very young age. I still love my sleep! haha
3. What did you use to do in summer?
We would go on amazing holidays to destinations like Barbados. I would also spend a huge amount of time playing with my friends. There were a lot of children who lived down my road so we would play together nearly all day, every day.
4. What is your saddest childhood memory?
When my pets Susie (cat) and Sam (dog) died :'(
5. What is your happiest childhood memory?
This is tough because I just have so many.. here are a few:
– Baking with my mum
– Playing in the garden with my dad or watching my dad make me something for me like a pull along wooden dog toy
– Being a bridesmaid for my brother and God Sister (separate weddings btw!)
– Flying on Concorde
– My pets, Sam, Susie and Pippa
– Driving around the garden in my pink Barbie Jeep and Go Kart
– Summers in my garden with the paddling pool and my friends
– Trips out with mum and dad like to Lego Land, and the Zoo
– Holidays e.g Disney
6. Is there something you kept as a secret?
Me and my best friend Alex had a secret spy club…. we made a club members books and everything haha
7. What did you want to become as a child (jobwise)?
I always wanted to be a veterinary nurse because I love animals. I later realised this involved blood, operations and possibly putting down very sick animals which is something I wouldn’t be able to handle. I would also have ended up bringing all the animals home with me haha. My job now as a Business Analyst is pretty different!
8. Do you still have contact with your childhood friends?
Yes, I do. I have known a lot of my friends since I was 4 years old as we went to the same school and we are very close.
9. Were there any strange things you believed when you were a child?
Erm.. nothing strange that I can remember just the standard things really like the tooth fairy etc. One other thing was that mum and dad told me one night that the red light in the sky was Rudolph and Santa.. that stuck for yearsss.. it was actually a plane!
10. Show us a picture of you being a child.
See above 🙂
– toy: This is so hard so I’m going to name a few… I loved two teddies called Bruce and Smudge. They were both dogs but I lost them at the airport.. I cried and cried and mum and dad got me replacements. I also loved Polly Pocket and my dolls house, oh and my babies Alex and Sarah.
– Book: I loved Jacqueline Wilson books! I think my favourite was Double Act for quite a while.
– TV show: I loved Sootie when I was little. When I was older I loved Saved by the Bell, Aquilla, the Demon Headmaster, Biker Grove, Grange Hill and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
– Subject in school: I loved IT, History and Textiles
– Place for holidays: Ah this one I’ve already mentioned. An immense holiday to Barbados 😀
Thanks for reading everyone, I really enjoyed writing this post and thinking about my childhood memories. I often talk about this kind of stuff with my friends too so it’s nice to do a blog post about it.
I TAG EVERYONE to do this post 🙂 If you do, leave your blog link below.. I would love to take a look!
To advertise with Kimberley’s Beauty Blog find out more info here.