Hello Everyone! Last week I attended an event with La Roche Posay at a gorgeous hotel in London called Number Sixteen in South Kensington. It is a gorgeous mid-Victorian white stucco terrace and absolutely stunning inside… the perfect venue to reveal the Anthelios range by La Roche Posay.
When we arrived at the venue we were taken into a room at the back of the hotel which opened onto a beautiful garden with a pond. After treating ourselves to a delicious Pimms full of fruit we began circulating the room and trying out the wonderful products on each of the display stands. We also got to speak to one of the lovely La Roche Posay team who told us more about each of the products. It was really interested to find out more about sun protection and the range itself and I definitely learn some things when it comes to anti-aging.
We found out it is the UV light which is harmful to our skin, particularly if we burn and that it can even penetrate glass so when buying sun protection products this is a key thing to look out for. According to a survey, 80% of premature skin ageing is due to exposure to UVA or UVB rays from the sun which re-iterates how important this is.
Baring this in mind, here is a little more about the products:
Anthelios is a complete sun care range which is tailored by skin type for effective sun protection all year round. The range provides the following:
- New Ultra-Light Texture for combination skin – Light formula with high sun protection, non oily and sticky.
- Mattifying for oily, blemish prone skin – Provides sun protection without stickiness or shine and ingredients Perlite and Silica provide a blotting paper effect to keep oil at bay.
- Comfort for Normal to dry skin – The formula contains milk and oil textures to moisturise and nourish the skin whilst still providing sun protection.
Other key attributes about this range are:
- Light Formula
- No white marks – I was amazed by how quickly the cream absorbs
- Water resistant
- Minimal ingredients (fragrance free and no paraben)
- Non oily formula
- Non sticky formula
- 50+ SPF
- Suitable for sensitive skin
There are numerous different products in the range including:
- Sun Cream for your face | £16 | Surprisingly, I had never thought about using a different sun cream on my face before but it makes sense to do so. This one has SPF 50, is light and leaves absolutely no white marks as it absorbs very quickly. It can also be used over make-up if you need to top it up throughout the day although I haven’t tried this myself.
- Compact-Cream | £19.50 | I would describe this compact as a foundation and sun cream in one. It has SPF 50+ and the creamy formula is very soft and glides over the skin effortlessly. The texture isn’t only or shiny and it fragrance and paraben free so it is suitable for sensitive skin. The formula is said to be water resistant and not clog pores but sadly this product is only available in two shades so won’t be suitable everyone. It’s definitely worth checking out, though!
- Sun Cream for Body | £11+ | La Roche Posay also offer a number of products for the body including a cream and oil, all with SPF 50+. I didn’t try the oil but the texture of the cream is light so it absorbs quickly without leaving white marks on the skin. It is also fragrance free.
After hearing about the products and swatching them I went into a little booth where my face was scanned for sun damage. I’ve had this done before at a Balance Me event and it is definitely something I would recommend because it is very interested to find out more about your skin and see it for yourself. I learnt that I didn’t have any sun damage, had no signs of ageing (yet) but my skin was a little de-hydrated in places. I wasn’t too surprised by the latter because I knew I hadn’t drunk enough that day but it was very comforting and surprising to hear I have no sun damage because I am a total sun worshipper. Get me in a hot, sunny climate and I’m happy sunbathing on the beach all day long and as I tan easily I get a beautiful sun-kissed glow which I absolutely love.
I had a great time at the event and have been really impressed by the Anthelios range by the French brand La Roche Posay. Watch this space for in depth reviews of the Face Sun Cream and Compact Creme.
What do you think of the Anthelios range?
Check out these great blogs by my lovely advertisers:
Pink Champagne: Hoad Shoes – An Independent Little Shoe Shop
To advertise with Kimberley’s Beauty Blog find out more info here